Each year BEAN promotes a day of local action and awareness to engage Ontarians in events and activities that involve communities, organizations and individuals in the conservation of biodiversity. We hope you will find these tools & resources helpful for planning and executing your own events in recognition of International Biodiversity Day:
- Biodiversity Day Event Coordinator’s Checklist
- BEAN’s Event Calendar (where you can promote your IBD or other biodiversity-related events taking place at any time of year)
- For more information on IBD visit the secretariat of the Convention on Biological Diversity at http://www.cbd.int/idb.
- Additional resources for recipients BEAN IBD Grants, including the BEAN logo and online reporting form, are available on the IBD Grant Fund Page
Each year the secretariat for the Convention on Biological Diversity announces a theme for IBD. BEAN has developed additional resources for these themes for a number of years:
- 2013: Water & Biodiversity (Cleaning Up Our Act)
- 2012: Marine Biodiversity (Ontario’s Oceans)
- 2011: Forests & Biodiversity
- 2010: Sustainable Development (Biodiversity and Development Factsheet)
- 2009: Invasive Species (Garlic Mustard Removal)
Join our email list to receive periodic updates about Biodiversity Day, new teaching resources, and more!