International Day for Biodiversity (IDB) Toolkit
BEAN is very proud to be able to support the great work being done across the province by organizations engaging Ontario communities in the conservation of biodiversity.
Below are several tools that we hope you, as an event organizer, will find helpful.
Tools to organize & promote your event:
- BEAN’s EcoZone Events Calendar (promote your International Day for Biodiversity or other biodiversity-related events taking place at any time of year)
- Submit your event to the calendar here.
- Download the BEAN logo (jpeg) (png) for your web and print materials.
- Acknowledge your volunteers & participants with a BEAN Appreciation Card. E-mail email@example.com for free hard copies!
International Biodiversity Day Resources (Remember, Your event is part of Global Efforts to Celebrate & Conserve Biodiversity!)
- For more information on the history of International Day for Biodiversity visit the Convention on Biological Diversity.
- Stay tuned for the announcement of the 2018 International Day for Biodiversity theme
Each year the secretariat for the Convention on Biological Diversity chooses a theme for the International Day for Biodiversity. BEAN has developed additional resources for these themes for a number of years:
- 2014: Island Biodiversity – (Ontario’s Natural and ManMade Islands)
- 2013: Water & Biodiversity (Cleaning Up Our Act)
- 2012: Marine Biodiversity (Ontario’s Oceans)
- 2011: Forests & Biodiversity
- 2010: Sustainable Development
- 2009: Invasive Species (Garlic Mustard Removal)
Subscribe to our email list to receive periodic updates about Biodiversity Day, new teaching resources, and more!